Camarillo Hospice Fall Training
Camarillo Hospice is pleased to announce our Fall 2017 training beginning September 12th. Reservations currently are being accepted for the class, which will meet eight consecutive Tuesday mornings from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm starting September 12th through October 31st.
* become familiar with common elements of family dynamics
* acquire communication skills for supportive interactions with patients and families
* investigate their own feelings and attitudes toward death and loss
* become familiar with spiritual aspects of supporting the hospice patient and family
* recognize the practical tasks, decisions and changes that friends and family face
* learn about and discuss end-of-life care choices
While required for Camarillo Hospice patient care and bereavement volunteers, the course is an excellent learning experience for everyone and is open to the public. Recent trainees have said: “I really wish I had attended this training program long ago, before I needed the information for my own family,” and “EVERYONE should take this class –this is information about life and death we ALL should have!”
Camarillo Hospice volunteers can provide respite care for caregivers, friendly visits, and practical assistance to patients and families such as running errands, simple meal preparation, etc. Opportunities for volunteers may include conducting “Life Story” interviews, providing pet and music therapy, and sitting at a dying patient’s bedside at St. John’s Hospitals in Oxnard and Camarillo. Bereavement volunteers can lead or co-lead grief and loss support groups. Additional training required.
For more information, please contact Sandi Biggs, Coordinator of Volunteer Services, at 805-389-6870 ext.453 or email@example.com before September 2nd, as space is limited.
11/14/2019 09:25:40 pm
11/19/2019 03:28:11 pm
Hi Linda, Camarillo Hospice merged with Livingston Memorial Visiting Nurse Association two years ago. You can find information about volunteering here: www.lmvna.org/getinvolved. Thank you!
Comments are closed.